Are you thinking about selling your home? You never get a second chance to make a great first impression!
Tips for Success
- Find a great and experienced real estate agent! Do some research to find a real estate agent who is knowledgeable about your specific market, and then interview them to be sure they are a good fit for you.
- Curb Appeal Brings Them In! For better or worse, Buyers do tend to judge a book by its cover! You want to make sure potential buyer’s first impression of your home is a good one!
- The Front Door Greets the Prospect! Repaint your front door and have a welcoming decoration.
- Nothing Brightens Like Paint! Fresh coat of paint in neutral tones goes far to make a room seem new and delivers a great return!
- Declutter & Clean, Clean, Clean! Less is more when it comes to getting your home ready to show! Do a clean sweep of counters, tables, windowsills and all other visible areas.
- Let the Light Shine! Open all the curtains and raise the blinds. It will let as much light in as possible if your showing is during the day and will make the house look inviting from the street if the showing is after dark.
- Repairs Can Make a Big Difference! Fix that dripping faucet, loose doorknobs, sticking doors & windows as well as any other minor flaws that can detract from the value.
- Conduct a Smell Test & Use Scent Sparingly! Foul odors, even slight ones can be a deal breaker, and you might not even notice them. Consider having an unbiased third party in to try to detect any lingering odors and resolve them with some deep cleaning.